A reconnaissance photograph of Le Plein on the 17th July 1944. The buildings towards the top right, with a line pointing at them from above marks the location of No.6 Commando headquarters. The buildings at the extreme left of those in the centre, with a line projecting from just left of cente at the bottom, is 1st Special Service Brigade headquarters. Larger image.