1. Introduction - The Mediterranean Campaign and disagreements over Southern France.
2. Operation Dragoon - The invasion plan and the German defences.
3. 1st Airborne Task Force - A history of the units which formed the task force.
4. Operation Rugby - The Airborne plan.
5. Preparations - Training for the operation in June and July 1944.
6. Operation Albatross - Take-off and the drop of the 2nd Parachute Brigade in Southern France on the 15th August 1944.
7. The 2nd Parachute Brigade - The advance of the Brigade towards its objectives.
8. The Americans - The experience of the 509th Parachute Infantry Battalion and the 517th Parachute Infantry Regiment.
9. The Fayence Parties - Scattered paratroopers attempt to reach the drop zone.
10. Bluebird, Canary and Dove - The arrival of the second, third and fourth lifts.
11. The Invasion - The landing of the 3rd, 36th and 45th Infantry Divisions.
12. Le Muy - The attack of the 550th Glider Infantry Battalion on the 16th August 1944.
13. Mopping Up - The consolidation and expansion of the 1st Airborne Task Force's area from the 16th to the 18th August 1944.
14. Relief - The arrival of the 36th Infantry Division and the 2nd Parachute Brigade's movements before its return to Italy.
15. The Champagne Campaign - A summary of the campaign in Southern France.
16. Analysis - A reflection on the success of Operation Dragoon and the role of the 1st Airborne Task Force.
17. Postscript - The forgotten 2nd Parachute Brigade.